Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Christmas Present

1970 Stingray Corvette.

Look what Santa got me for Christmas...
That's right ! A Bumper Vette.
I always regretted selling my 1977 Corvette (May 2008). I wanted another c3.

I found this Corvette in Lincoln, CA some miles northeast of Sacramento. It wasn't in the greatest shape. But it is a chrome bumper Corvette and it is rare. They only made full Chrome bumper C3 Corvettes from 1968 to 1972. Just 5 years. After that Chevy, discontinued the Chrome bumpers and Put Fiberglass Bumpers on their vettes instead. Only 1973 had the rear bumpers, but not the front.

Anyways, this will be one of two Corvettes for me. This one will be my project car for the Next whole year.. I'll work on it on weekends and restore it slowly. I also plan to buy a C5 vette after I sell my Mitsubishi eclipse.


You can see the restoration progress
here.

Here are some pictures.


Click to enlarge







Happy New Year 2009!

5 comments:

  1. God I love those Bumper vettes..
    My dad had one back in 1973. Take care of er.. looks like you got a whole winters worth of work on your hands..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say that I love your blog. I am contemplating a move to Tracy from Vermont and I appreciate your blog so much. My friend Jenn is from tracy and her family is still there. She currently lives in Vermont but is moving back in June so I am going to go visit and possibly make the move myself. Thanks!!!
    Keelargo83@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm glad I found your blog. I have to make a decision to move to Sacramento or Tracy. My company has openings in both offices. I want to move to the Bay Area for all the entertainment, closer to step-kids in LA, etc, but I was worried Tracy might be too far from Bay Area, where my significant other wants to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dick Tracy,

    I posted this on one of your older posts, but in case you won't see it there:

    I am looking to find contact with a Tracy-Bay Area commuter for a book I am assisting with research for. It is being written by award-winning journalist Charles Montgomery, and will be published in 2011 in Canada, the US, and the UK. I'd love to speak with you about your commute. Please contact me as soon as possible at 604-619-7996 or csg.mclaren@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete