Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pictures of Tracy - Part 1

A photo Tour of my town

I was just thinking of what a lovely little town this is..
To me it represents little town America, but on a California Bay Area Scale.. Because it may seem small, but it is really spread out and self contained. Tracy has everything from Osh, to Walmart, to Safeway, to Costco and Longs, Walgreens, Rite-Aid.. and all the smaller chains. It even has many smaller locally owned stores geared to serve the city.. In Tracy, you will find all the avenues for shopping and other activities that you can in every other metropolitan area / city in America.. The First part of this Post will have pictures of the shops the Mall, The theater...just Random pictures really... Join me as I drive through the city and click away...



Tracy High School. This building was recently renovated and
rebuilt and a lot was spent to make it look fabulous. Good Job !







Pretty much the center of downtown. Tracy Inn,
A historical building, at the intesection of 11th and Holly Dr.





A New Raley's opened in the plaza at Tracy blvd and Valpico




Orchard restaurant : You can see this restaurant
from the 205 highway, at grant line road.





Tracy Fire station at 11th St. There are 3 fire stations in Tracy (I think)




Not to forget the quintessential Tracy Walmart
that every little town in America is meant to have..
A pic of my vette in the parking lot. :)






Shopping plaza at the intersection of Tracy blvd
and Shulte, near the Chevron and Save mart.






I will keep adding to this list...

8 comments:

  1. I went to Tracy High, Class of 2002. The building looked different then.. It's come really far.. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To owner of this blog... do you have any regrets moving to Tracy and the commute? I ask because I live in San Jose and i am considering buying a house in Tracy... but hold back because I don't want to regret the commute. How do you feel still after 4 years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also thinking obout moving to Tracy. Currently living in San Jose. How do you feel about the commute?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. No regrets at all. Wonderful town, wonderful people and everything is within reach. Granted the commute is long, but you do have the option of taking the train everyday. I personally like driving, it gives me time to think and is sort of relaxing. Traffic jams suck though. But it is all in the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you still take the train? how long does it takes to go from Tracy to Santa Clara?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes. I drive these days because I work later than 6pm sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo.s !!!! Tracy is a nice small city.... I don't live there right now, but own 2 houses there... I plan on relocating to Tracy in the not too distant future.. And I currently have a 1971 Chevelle SS454 convertible, but you may see my motoring around in a Corvette once I settle back there....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments.
    I need to update some pictures.. The Orchard restaurant for example is no longer there.. It is now a Black Bear Cafe.

    ReplyDelete